View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #39
itslow

Default Re: receiving paypal payments

I've never had a problem with PayPal as a seller or a buyer, and I've transacted a lot money both directions using it over the last 19 years. It's my preferred method of online funds transaction with individuals.

I have been burned big time as a buyer when using USPO money order to the point where I needed to report the fraud to the Postmaster General. I eventually got my money back many months later. As a buyer, I will never again send a USPO money order (or bank cashier's check) to an individual as payment for an item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Be careful though. About 3 years ago I opted to have a client who lives in the Midwest send me 12 grand on payment... Then I went to transfer the $ to my business account so I could pay my employees and suppliers etc. Paypal would only allow me to take 1000.00 of it per month out of the account...
What type of PayPal account do you have? What levels of verification have you completed (address, bank account, etc)? Were you trying to transfer it to a bank account, other PayPal account, requesting a check from PayPal?

I've never had an issue extracting >$1000 amounts from PayPal, and I'm not set up as a business account. I have previously in years past verified my address and banking information with PayPal, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
...Second you should ensure that your PayPal username does not contain any "confusing" characters. By this I mean "1"'s and "I"'s, "O"'s (ohs) and "0"'s (zeroes); anything that makes a typo possible. Paypal, in it's infinite wisdom, does not edit payee names against their own internal data. If someone makes a typo (types a"1" vs. an "I"), the payment will be accepted and goes into limbo. In this case, you have to contact the payee, have them cancel the payment, and then resend it to the proper username...
To avoid any errors caused by purchasers entering your PayPay account address in wrong, you can send a "Request payment" message to them via both the PayPal website and phone apps that includes the correct amount to be paid and payment type (goods, friends & family, etc). All they have to do is select which of their payment accounts they want to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkeore View Post
I don't know if it is everywhere but, in my area, the PO "will not" cash one of there own MO's. I have to deposit it in my checking account. They won't do it, even if it is to buy their service, I've tried!

My person belief, the reason they won't cash them, is they are afraid that some are counterfeit. Easy to do in this digital world.
The issue isn't the post office is afraid of counterfeit money orders; they can verify the validity on the spot. What is more likely is that smaller post offices do not carry the amount of cash in their drawers necessary to cover high dollar money orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseracing View Post
...Be it either a MO, Pay Pal, check, or cash in person. The last one is king and will trump any other form of payment...
Cash can pretty easily be counterfeited. When selling a car or expensive part do you marker each and every dollar you receive as payment? I think I've only ever once had a seller do that to the cash I gave him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4dv8 View Post
But to us who live elsewhere As a buyer they charge 4.4% and a fee to be determined. Why ? We are contributing to the American economy.
They may be charging that to cover exchange rate and currency conversion costs, or they're being greedy. Perhaps both.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote