View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
sturgis 39

Default Re: GAV + Advance Spark = Hot ?

The brake light switch could be the problem. Mine shorted and the amp meter discharged about twenty amps. I have a fuse on the starter and on the generator out put now. Some of the reproduction brake light switches are not high quality.

Retarded spark and lean fuel mixture will make an engine run hot.

Just went to Deadwood SD (three miles away) and looked at all of the shinny street rods. Kool deadwood nights is this weekend. This starting to be a big event. I am thinking of wiping down the "A" and heading back down to Deadwood. They actually carry all kinds of waxes and polishing stuff in their trunks in special trays and little travel bags. I carry some tools in a cardboard box.

The model "A" was not running real good for a while but straightened out on the way home. There are some high dollar cars at the event but I do not think I would trade cars with the people.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote