View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
sturgis 39

Default Re: Dual high conversion to overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by c125bob View Post
I'm still wondering how to operate the overdrive...... anybody ?

Bob

I would take the car to a large empty parking lot. Then I would drive the car in high gear and try to shift it into overdrive. Then I would slow down and see if the car free wheels. Then I would stop the car and place the overdrive in direct and speed up again and place the overdrive unit in high and see if I can shift it out of overdrive. I would use the clutch while shifting the overdrive.

I have never used this type of overdrive but I would not be afraid of it .I think you can even shift them into overdrive when you are in low gear. It might free wheel when you push the clutch in because there is no torque on the overdrive unit.

The experts are probably eating now and they will probably respond soon. I am no expert and I am kind of guessing. There was one for sale on this website. I think the asking price was $500.00. There does not seem to be a big demand for BW overdrives and it might be the free wheeling that people do not like.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote