View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
denniskliesen

Default Re: Why is it hard to find 30w oil

I'm with DD931 on most suggestions. I however use 10W-30 Mobil 1 full synthetic. Where I had my short block rebuilt recommends 10W-30 and claimed synthetic is not needed. Recently I drove my Model A to the MAFCA National Convention in Reno, and my engine did not use any oil. Let me ask you this, how much does a full tank of gas cost when you fill up? I filled up last night with 9 gallons and it cost more than the 6 pack of oil I bought at Costco before I filled up with gas. Costco gas where I live is also advertised as Top Tier gas btw. How many tanks of gas are you going to buy in 3,000 miles? I think it's a small amount of money in comparison to the price difference in synthetic and regular detergent oil.

I spent a lot of money on my Model A engine rebuilding it and I intend take as good of care of it as I possibly can. Use what you want for oil, that's my preference.

Lastly, I noticed something interesting. On one of those new bottles of oil I bought from Costco reading the label in small fine print states, " Continuous contact with used motor oil has caused skin cancer in laboratory animals". Doesn't say anything about CA or birth defects.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote