View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 10:09 PM   #15
Fairlanephantom

Default Re: Replacing motor mounts in a 56 passenger car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves55Sedan View Post
I think that once you lower the engine somewhat, the holes in the mount will align with the engine mounting holes so you can get those bolts started in. Don't place all the weight down on the mounts till the engine-to-mount bolts are started in.
You should not tighten down the mount-to-frame bracket nuts on the mount studs till the end and all the weight of the engine is applied to the mounts.
It may be necessary to get a drift pin (flame hardened) to align the side mount holes by following this procedure:
With front steady rest center bolt removed, but the block with slotted out holes still in place, stick a drift pin in the hole in the frame bracket through the bottom and insert the drift pin through the center hole of the steady rest block. At the other end of the drift pin, push backward to force engine forward. If necessary, rig some way to hold it when side mount holes align.
Thanks, Dave. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I get back into it when that second replacement mount comes in likely at the end of the week.
Fairlanephantom is offline   Reply With Quote