View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #36
hardtimes

Default Re: Diode across coil?

I do not have a degree in electronics, and think that most here do not either. So, with my little understanding of DC auto type electricity, I like pictures to help with my meager second order LC circuit understanding. If you have ever observed an oscillascope connected to a running auto electrical system, the 'picture' given of this LC circuit in action....really helps to understand some of what's said here. Do not know if this old machine even applies to current(ha..yeah intended,eh) auto systems...even tho they are still DC electricity ?
And, if you've never heard of and/or seen one of these old auto analytical machines in action, I recommend it. For those with often asked question...such as, how do I determine what is going/gone wrong (if anything) with my ignition system,i.e.-condenser, points,coil/ spark plugs, etc..., get a guy who has an scope, have him hook it to your A / whatever old car with pts/plugs/cond, and have him explain what it is that you're seeing.
Pictures are good for lighting up and completing YOUR circuit !!
Oh, btw, it will show you why / how condenser functions as a NECESSARY part of this system.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote