View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #159
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Well it finally happened, I finished a legal pad of several pages of small items, got in car and started engine. Now for the big moment, will it go in gear, IT WORKS, it will go in gear with out grinding. NEXT, will the the clutch work so I can pull of lift, ITS ALIVE!!!! Backed up and now for the last item, wonder if brakes work, yes I can stop but they need adjusted. So off the hill I go and behind me is a Contrail of blue smoke. The oil mix of plain oil, MMO and ATF used when I freed motor up is burning out of the front exhaust heat exchanger and also out of the tube type muffler. This is the warmest/hottest that motor/exhaust system has been sense I have had car. Drove up and down my small one lane road which is only a mile long several times. (no mosquitoes out tonight with the fog I laid down ) Every thing seems to work fine, have not had a location yet to try the Columbia, going to BMV ( Bureau of Motor Vehicles ) to get a verification of serial number now that I can load up to travel. Next I need to replace the wiring, thinking of getting a modern wiring harness and placing in old style cloth tube cover with fuse block. When I did stop car and turn engine off the radiator sounded like you had eaten bad food and your stomach was upset, will have to see what happens or if you have an idea why, my mechanical water temp. gauge says temp was about 180 when I turned off. Thanks for all the help along the way, still have a long way to go but trying to get lights working, generator charging in next two weeks so I can drive about 60 miles each way to one of the last cruise-ins of year. (southern OHIO gets cold ) thanks Bruce

Yes I will put hub caps on before going out in Public!!!

Might even try the fender skirts ???? do not want one to fall off!
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote