View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor hood alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbasher View Post
Looks like a couple of things going on. You'll have to draw the top of the rad back towards the cowl. So shorten the nuts on the support rods. That will pull the hood back and get rid of the overlap at the bottom corners to the rad shroud. Then You'll have to shim the cowl up to straighten up the vertical line. Then you can work your way back to the door fit and the 1/4's. The frame is Straight? JP
So I have made a few adjustments and labeled the gap measurements. I have come up with two possible ways to correct the hood alignment. I am NOT happy about either one!

As you can see the adjusting rods that attach to the top of the radiator are at their limits. The right side is loosen up as far as it can go. The left side is tightened up about as far as it can go. I shimmed the left side of the radiator up about 1/4" to try and move the hinge closer to being perpendicular to the cowl (I remember when I pulled the radiator that there was a thick-maybe 1/4" piece of rubber under the left side rad mount). See pix.

#1--and I don't know if this is possible at this point--but here it goes. I need to reposition the body. I need to shift the cowl to the left and shift the rear of the body to the right. All of the body bolts have been installed and tightened down.

Can the body be shifted as I mentioned above--all the bolts seemed to fit tightly into the frame so I wonder if any movement is possible?

#2--When I look at the vehicle right now the only other option that I can think of is to slide to radiator over to the left--this would involve modifying the two holes in the frame where the radiator is attached to the frame. (then I wonder how many other things will be affected?)

Is there any way to check for a bent frame at this point or can that only be done with the body removed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3789.jpg (38.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg LABELED.jpg (30.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3785.jpg (40.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3777.jpg (25.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3782.jpg (35.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3771.jpg (30.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3780.jpg (20.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3779.jpg (22.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3793.jpg (77.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3790.jpg (53.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3791.jpg (56.2 KB, 58 views)