Thread: 4 post lifts
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #15
rich b

Default Re: 4 post lifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I am planning on buying and installing a 4-post lift next spring. I am more inclined to buy on price. I have to believe that any lift sold by a reputable distributor in the United States has to meet certain minimum safety standards. It seems the minimum capacity lift generally available is 8000 lbs. Since the lift I install will have minimal use and be called upon to be used with cars of less than half that weight, I should be on solid ground. I don't have a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive truck, a large SUV or anything similar and will not use it for anything approaching commercial use. I am not automatically scared off by the "C" word either.
Ended up discussing lifts with a truck driver at my old job. Said he got a bargain; but burning the paint off to repair skipped and shoddy welds was not something he planned on. Guy said the unit he was showed must have been a "show model" vs the "production" model that was delivered. Sales rep disappeared right away, too. A future failure of the non-repairable imported hyd power unit negated a bunch of his initial savings.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote