Thread: License Plates
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #18
77Birdman

Default Re: License Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
There has been 15 responses regarding license plate type for using an antique car for daily use. No one has mentioned your insurance policy. Insurance companies are not 100% equal. Your company policy may not pay a claim on an accident with a car insured as an antique and in an accident while not being used as an antique. Read your antique car policy to see if you are covered for daily use before you file a claim and are NOT covered. I have an antique car with regular plates and daily use is not covered but occasional personal use is covered. The insurance company asks for a speedo mileage reading each year.
True, but the thread was a question about license plates. My ins. company (Grundy) has never asked what kind of plates I run. They also allow me to drive my car whenever I want. I cannot use it for daily transportation but there are no mileage restrictions and if I want to take it out for a drive because Im feeling a bit down, that's ok with them. In fact when I spoke to the agent on the phone for clarification he said they encourage people to drive their cars.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote