View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #437
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Once again we have been really busy at work this month. I have managed to get all four doors latched with my modified landcruiser fj 40 door latches. I fabricated some heavy duty striker plates and mortised them into the posts. I will be using '32-'34 pickup dovetails which arrived last week for added support and alignment, though everything works well as is. I also filled some holes in the front clip the easy way. There was a hole for a spotlight, so I installed one I had hanging from a nail on the shop wall. On the opposite cowl there were 2 holes for an antenna so I ordered one up and installed it. I latched the rear barn doors with a very nice '2 point slam latch'. Using any 5/16" square shaft handle it pulls both latch bolts with a twist and since the bolts have a 45 degree angle it can slam shut. It's all surface mount and looks 'commercial' in the desired truck based style. The seats pictured are temporary so I could do some fall cruising. I sort of picture a pair of old school bus driver's seats, up front. I think that's what my passenger seat might be, and a regular school bus bench seat for the back seat. You know the type, dark green with white piping. Ok, it's back down to the workshop.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tail spot and latches 110.jpg (89.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg woodie door latching done 047.jpg (64.7 KB, 97 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 10-23-2017 at 09:44 AM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote