View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #432
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So awesome! I am so happy to see a truck I rescued from going to scrap is now this piece of art. The landowner died and his brothers were selling the "junk" off the land before calling scrappers. I bought that pickup and some other junk haha!
Thanks and with flatford's suggestion about using epdm rubber roofing we have a great top on this thing. As I stated previously, the Lebarron Bonney correct long grain vinyl is too narrow for my truck version so I would have needed two 10' lengths and a seam for about 500 bucks, but this 60 mil Firestone product in a 10 x 10' sheet was 97 bucks on amazon. I'll get a picture of the difficult rear corners today. For the front steel strap pictured I just picked up some oval head screws to countersink in this afternoon. Then I will bed it in black sikaflex on final install. And Bill, that sounds like the perfect material, but I had to go through the steel roof up front and I already had the stuff I needed. I tend to keep the momentum up while I've got it and don't like waiting for stuff in the mail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rubber roof on 003.jpg (68.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg rubber roof on 011.jpg (61.5 KB, 96 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 10-01-2017 at 11:47 AM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote