View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #11
Benson

Default Re: Overnight camp out

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
Benson,

I believe Crocodile Dundee pulled out what we call a Bowie Knife not a Machete. I don't know what our Aussie Barners call those knives, maybe they can chime in.

David Serrano
I think you are right it might had been a Bowie knife.

J Franklin About Big Bear Lake

We used to have 2 or 3 month System classes in LA and San Jose. One winter we had a long weekend and a local LA guy had a family cabin at Big Bear Lake so we were invited to go skiing. Really great village ... Big Bear Lake is!

One guy from Michigan had a Hertz rental car that he drove up there. The highest point in Michigan is about 1900 feet from what I remember when we lived there.

He called Hertz and told them the car was running really bad and to bring him another car and tow that one back to LA. Of course all that was wrong was the 6752 foot altitude!!

This was during the gas crisis with the hours long lines waiting at gas stations to buy gas if they had any to sell. This same guy would call Hertz when his car ran out of gas and tell them that it just quit running. They would tow car back and leave him another with a full tank.

The third time the tow truck guy brought a 2 gallon can full of gas and told him to get his own gas!
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote