View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #28
VeryTangled

Default Re: 35 sedan,Pebble Beach & Dearborn awards

I encourage you to skip to the next post.

Here’s my fantasy set of questions and comments if I were to move on this advert.

One of the finest examples of a 1935 Tudor "Trunkback" Sedan in the country.

The car is almost identified correctly, "Trunkback" is a nickname. [EDIT: And it's definitely NOT a Model A like the title of the listing.] The rest is opinion, but no comment from me.

This is a very rare car and a very rare piece of Americana.

Production and survival numbers do not support calling this a rare car. What makes you call it rare?

It is 100% original Henry Ford steal with its original V8 Flathead.

100% steel is a common selling point, can you tell how much filler was applied and what repairs were made to the body or fenders? The engine wasn’t available in 1935, sorry I call Bullpoop. Steal is an unfortunate misspelling.

It has been in a private collection for over 25 years and this is the first time it has been up for sale to the public.

Vague… Is the person who owned it for 25 years selling it, or are you brokering or flipping something you invested in?

This is not your average restoration it is the most meticulous pain staking resto to concours specs you will ever see.

Opinion.

Well over 100k just for the restoration.

Got the receipts that turn this bold statement into fact?

It only has 15 miles since finished from being driven in and out of the show trailer.

#1 What show are you referring to? #2 How many (shakedown) miles since restoration?

She is a true trailer queen that has graced the lawn at Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance with a blue ribbon winning appearance and has also won the prestigious Dearborn award.

Blue-ribbon (sp) winning trailer queens can be temperamental so not a plus in my book, on to the questions. What year and class was it invited to and shown at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance (another typo in the advert)? What year and meet did it score a Dearborn win, an did it qualify for Dearborn Emeritus (a second judging)? Since your ad says this car is “…not your average restoration it is the most meticulous pain staking resto to concours specs you will ever see.” Those judge’s sheets would be nice to peek at, do you have them?

You will be hard pressed to find a more perfect example. It is absolutely Flawless.

Opinion.

Vineyard green exterior with Apple green Ford spoke rims.

Possibly non-standard shades, and definitely the wrong pinstripe… Can I look at it in person to see the paint and take it for a 30-minute drive?

The interior also flawless using the exact materials in the restoration as Henry Ford used in 1935.

So, you say those are 84-year-old materials, but installed when?
Oh yeah, you showed the receipt for that earlier, sorry buddy.

The restoration of the original Ford Flathead is a true work of art. Restored by the world famous Aldridge Motorsports with over 52 years of experience.

Famous for concourse quality 1930’s engine restorations? Doesn’t seem so? What other Pebble Beach cars did they do work on? (http://aldridgemotorsportsinc.com/) World-famous is hyphenated.

Absolutely perfect Day 2 upgrades to include Offenhauser heads, 12 volt battery, Hydraulic brakes and dual exhaust.

Politely. In my experience show cars don’t have these alterations, can you explain the timeline for when modifications were made related to the awards being earned? 12-volt is hyphenated.

The automobile drives like a swiss watch.

Tell me a little about the other Swiss watches you drove to compare this automobile to?

This level of perfection is hard to imagine, definitely the center piece to any ones Ford collection"

There was certainly some perfection and imagination here, maybe in the level of non-truth. And the last goof, “any one’s Ford collection” would be correct.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 05-20-2019 at 08:10 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote