Thread: Roof wadding
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #6
pbishop

Default Re: Roof wadding

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Go to Marco’s ‘ www.abarnyard.com . Click the bottom right arrow to ‘Begin the Tour’. Then select ‘The Workshop’. In the list of subjects click on ‘Installing a Closed Car Roof’. Marco lists the components and ‘step-by-step’ instructions as to how to install the ‘soft top’.

I bought my ‘kit’ from Snyders and installed it over 25 years ago. Following Marco’s directions the soft top is still ‘completely tight’ as it was when I did the job.

As I remember, the kit padding was ½” thick. You can always get more at a fabric store (take a piece to show them). I followed Marco’s advice and covered the ‘chicken wire (stapled in tight)’ with a layer of fabric (stapled in tight). Then I laid the padding on top of that. This insured that the padding did not sink into the chicken-wire. Remember, the cotton-padding is very porous and will compress

The KEY is to ‘DO THE INSTALL ON A HOT DAY and in DIRECT SUN LIGHJT’. That way everything is fully expanded and can only get tighter / contract in cold weather. 25 years on and I can still bounce a coin off of the top.
pbishop is offline   Reply With Quote