View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #8
Neil Wilson

Default Re: '29 CCPU seat shopping - what do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_1929 View Post
I'm in the market for a seat for my 1929 Closed Cab Pickup. This is what I'm working with.

I want to stay stock, so no minivan or S-10 or anything else. I've mentally swallowed the pill for the cost of a new complete seat from one of the current suppliers but I don't know what other mounting hardware I'm missing here and have no local reference to check. So what am I missing?
If you want to have original Ford looking seats (i.e. stock), then LeBaron Bonney covered seats are not the way to go. They are not close to being correct unless they have changed in the last couple of years. They don't look at all like the originals shown in the above #5 post photo. If you just want to have seats that work, then use them.

Vendors sell the springs which are close to original. You will likely need these since finding usable original springs are just about impossible.

Page E62 of the RGJS has some info/pictures covering upholstery and backrest retainer hardware.

I have a folder of pictures/information regarding 82-A closed cab seats I will share. Email me your request to [email protected]

The attached picture shows the seat support wood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82-A Seat Riser & Seat Back Boards 2.jpg (180.9 KB, 105 views)

https://aafords.com Ford Model AA Truck Club @ aafords.com

Last edited by Neil Wilson; 04-11-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Neil Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote