View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #61
mjw

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Dave,

Nice photos. If I was going to do one from scratch I would go your route with the metal cowl and windshield posts. Rich simplified the design based on a single cowl post and windshield posts made from wood and wrapped in metal, a fairly complicated piece of woodworking and metalworking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Here is a link to a photo album of building my huckster out of some spare parts I accumulated over the years. It was built from Red Oak from some of my own trees that I harvested from my lot when I built my house. It is titled as a 1928 but has 30 wheels and has 33 rear fenders.

I have the most fun with this vehicle over my other Model A's. It is a summer weather truck with no side windows. Pull the pins from the door hinges and the doors come off. The rear window also comes out with the removal of four eye bolts. I haul different items for different parades such as milk cans, wooden crates, bushel baskets of apples, and beer kegs. It is fun to mix it up and find something else to haul. This truck always get a lot of thumbs up. Also when I built it I took the cab inner dimensions of my 1930 coupe to comfortably fit my 6 foot plus frame.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1138992...ucksterProject#
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote