View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #16
Chevmn56

Default Re: 1930 Sport Coupe at auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
I saw a nice 31 4 door that just needed a new interior go for $4800 near me. Auctions are weird - you never know who is gonna show up so you may get lucky and just get a buncha looky lous or hot rodders with no money show up. Although i have seen a basket case of a 29 pickup go for $2100 that same day that might have had $1200 worth of decent parts - go figure. I ended up with some odds and ends and a table full of model A stuff for $12 WITH the table!

Id say with the others $5-8k is a safe bet. Even washed up and got running (granted it wasnt parked for engine issues and mice havent made a nest in it) its an easy 9K+ car so even if you have to put an unknown used engine in it theres money to be made at 8K

If the engine turns out to be junk the rest of it looks nice enough you can easily get your money back.

I believe ya......IF you could get it for 5-8K i think the problem i might have is flipping it. Im really growing attached to Clyde now as it is, i cant wait to get stuff in the mail get it on and then stand back and look/hear your accomplishment.... im not sure i could flip it!!!!!!!
Chevmn56 is offline   Reply With Quote