View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
jrelliott

Default Re: Floor Board Dimension Drawing

1. The wood was available hardwood, ash, and oak. The ones I removed from my '28 were of ash it seems. They were pieced together by tounge and grove joints to get the full width required.

2. I think the wood was sealed by diluted asphaltum which is black with a brown cast. I used flat black paint on both sides.

3. The two pieces underneath are two metal braces. They are about 3/16" thick by 1".
They were originally riveted to the wood. I tapped the holes in the metal bars and put
flat headed metal screws which I cut flat against the metal on the bottom after installing. I countersunk the holes in the wood so the heads of the screws would be flush. Put a little locktite on the screws so they will not come loose later on.

I was fortunate enough to have had the originals to work with so drew them onto a piece of 3/4" 7 layer pine ply wood sanded to 11/16" . Got the plywood free. Was marine grade plywood and looks good. It will never get enough moisture and is sealed all the way around so will outlast me.
jrelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)