Thread: tires
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
Alaska Jim

Default Re: tires

red carr, I do not know of anyone with any bias ply tires looking to sell, although I may consider selling the ones on my avatar, but they are 16". I , personally would never go back to bias ply tires on my Merc. the radials made it handle so much better. the bias ply tires seem to gab every rut in the road, and jerk the car around. don't know how I drove all my old fords before radials, and I drove them at high speeds. the car in my avatar does the same thing, plus I think that they are out of round. this is a fairly common problem with the old style bias ply tires, seems no matter who makes them, out of round tires are common. lots of complaints about them. I am still trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and get the radial tires that Coker sells that look like the bias ply tires. The only reason there are bias ply tire on my avatar, is because I like the "look", and I don't put a lot of miles on it on the highway. hope this info helps. maybe get your daughter to start lifting weights. lol. by the way do I know you? I see you are from Alaska. I live between Palmer, and Wasilla.
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote