View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #10
BlueSunoco

Default Re: What's the future of the Model T and Model A hobbies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart78 View Post
I think what keeps a lot of younger people from restoring model A's. Is the attitude of a lot of the guys I have met. There are allways the one or two guys that know everything. And want to tell you all that is wrong even though you have not asked them. When you are at a local small car show. An you are telling another guy his tail lights are wrong. Or his wheel color is wrong. People don't want to hear that. I have known a lot of model a guys to be worse than Corvette guys.
I saw this not long ago. I was at a parade, looking at the antique cars lining up. One guy had a VERY nice '30 Tudor that he had just finished. An 80 year old guy that I know walked over to the car and started trying to pick it apart. He told the Tudor owner finally 'You put the windshield swing arms on backwards(?)' The guy with the Tudor calmly said 'Well, I guess in doing the entire car there was going to be SOMETHING I may have done wrong' and turned and walked away.

And to make it worse, the 80 year old had a Coupe there that looked like it had been restored by the St. Lucia Children's School for the Blind it was nasty. And HE was the one who 'restored' it

In answer to the original thread, yes you can get upside down REAL fast in about any old car restoration. If you hire it all out. I guess I look at it like, pay what you can afford for the best you can have and don't look back. Just get out there and enjoy the hobby.

If you are trying to gauge Model A's as investment property then you had best go elsewhere. Don't play here
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote