View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
Corsa

Default Re: Looking for info on CHAMPION cast iron Ford flathead cylinder heads.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
It tells you who manufactured them in the ad you posted. And that they are a derivative of Fenton heads.
Suspect that the company has been out of business for a long time.]
First off thanks everyone for the replies.

So the Standard Automotive Manufacturing Co. may have been making the parts for Champion and Kogel and/or Champion and Kogel were actually part of the same company. I'd like to find more on this possibility.

My first conclusion may have been wrong. I suspected that the Standard Automotive Manufacturing Co was just in reference to the Fenton catalog itself and that was just a collection of speed parts from different companies. I have a Kogel ad that gives a company name of Speedmotive of Covina, California. Actually I have a couple of different Kogel ads but absolutely nothing more on the Champion heads.

Tubman I don't know that I've ever heard of Dun & Bradstreet. I'll check that out and have look. Thanks.

I would have thought a natural fit for the cast iron heads would have been in marine applications. Maybe I need to try and look that direction for more info on Champion.

Cheers,
Corsa is offline   Reply With Quote