View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #36
WHN

Default Re: Is it a bad time to sell?

I keep hearing the same thing, that buyers or owners are old, that no one wants these cars, that they take forever to sell if they even sell at all.

Well I will say again that there is a good market for Model A Ford’s.

After reading comments on this forum, I think the biggest problem is some owners are just cheap.

They think that their cars are restored because they have cleaned and painted old worn out parts, they think adding stone guards and side mounts or trunks really increases the value, or how about adding some speed equipment, that will really drive up the price. Maybe taking those old worn out springs apart, grinding them down and repainting them, now my car has “new” springs?

If your Ford Dealer today worked like that, what would you say?

Realize what your selling, spend some money to advertise it properly, take plenty of pictures, and be honest with your self and the buyer.

For an example. There are a lot of Model T’s out there, the junk is junk, the good ones are still in demand. The same holds true for our Model A’s. There really is a lot of junk out there. Some of that junk is in over priced over restored cars. Some of it is in just plan JUNK.

Its just a hobby, these cars are hopefully not part of your 401K’s.

I think you can sell a well maintained 20 footer all day long in the $14,000.00 to $17,000.00 range.

How many of us really own a well maintained car?

That’s my soap box comments on a car that I have enjoyed for 60 years. Sorry if I have angered anyone.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote