Old 11-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #19
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Original Fan Belts...NOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dayhuff View Post
what??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
As the old saying goes: "That's where a fool and his money are soon parted"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by updraught View Post
So I go out cruising to show off my new $1000 fan belt and it snaps and gets flung into the ditch somewhere.

Can I glue it back together and still pass muster?

To begin with, it is quite evident y'all have no idea what you are discussing. To begin with, it is a needed item if you plan to [U]authentically[U] restore your Model-A. Making fun of someone else for desiring to achieve a higher level of correctness is pretty sad. It also is worth mentioning that original fan belts are manufactured from natural rubber -and not synthetic, -so while the cloth covering can deteriorate with usage, it is very unlikely that the natural rubber will "snap".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
You could, but remember, the moment you install it and start the engine it is no longer New Old Stock! It's just another 90 year old used belt!
It is a used 90 year old fan belt that will bring the same value as NOS. The only place where a 'non-use' belt would be preferred would be in a static display such as a era parts room. For fine-point adjudication, ..or for a vehicle depicting a certain time after factory assembly, the belt needs to appear as being used but not worn. Again, this is all about perspective and goals.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote