View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

Default Re: Everyone should own a copy of the Model A Service Bulletins

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don/WI View Post
I have a copy of the Service Bulletins that was printed in paperback that measures 5.75" x 8.5". I bought it shortly after I bought my first "A" in 1966. It wa sabout the only technical book available at the time. It was my "A" Bible. Every page is worn and there are "dirty grease" smudges all over the edges. I wouldn't sell that book for any money. Everytime I pick it up, I recall all of the times I opened the pages to get answers to questions I had. Today I have the reprint of the original size Service Bulletins with the three ring folder, along with all of Les Andrews technical publications as well as many of the other technical books available. They all have valuable information, but none bring back the pleasent memories I have of using that first copy of the Service Bulletins that I have. Guess my age is showing. Don/WI
I'm the same way with mine. Between the Service Bulletins, Page's book, and an old Dyke's manual and the How To Restore your Model A series, I got through most any problem I had.

When the Les Andrews book first came out, you would've thought it was the second coming of Christ the way some talked about that book. It pales in comparison to the Service Bulletins, the Service Letters(glad to see some of those get reprinted).