View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Selling/trading Model A parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
Reading how somebody would rather scrap his parts than give them away has been a real eye-opener today.I made out an ad in the local Craigslist that has dragged out some real screwballs.I have a new set of Firestone WW tires,and I want blackwalls.I put them up to trade,to see if any locals had some blacks and preferred WW's.I have gotten a lot of cash offers,with the highest being $50.per tire.Will I ship them,will I deliver them 150 miles,will I trade for their used tires,etc.I've had some reasonable trade offers,but not what I was looking for.WW's are about $40.more each right now,I thought I might find somebody that bought blackwalls and might prefer whites.One guy has a new set but wants $200'plus my tires.I've made a couple of people mad by telling them I can just mount the backwards and blacken the WW's.
I am only going to concentrate on your original wish, to have black walls on your car! I had a similar issue, had found two ww tires to fit my model A! I did not do any negotiating as the price was $40 + $40 shipping for two tires! Where I had a problem was finding a product to use to black out the White. It took some time but I found a product by the name of m. e. Miller tire Black tire Paint! It is water based and is great stuff! And be careful with it, it blakens anything it touches, it is water based and you put it on with a paint brush or if you wish, you can spray, but do an "Excellent" masking job! I have attached a photo, oh yes it is water based, but once dry sticks very well. After using it, had the two tires mount with the painted side in and I gotta tell ya, now they are black walls! They have been on the car now about 7 months and this stuff is great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tire Black.jpg (49.6 KB, 25 views)
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote