View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #33
blucar

Default Re: 35-36 Ford coupe anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Very good information indeed!
I am 100% smarter on spare tire carriers for my car!
Now I just have to find one oh, and a spare wheel. Thanks to Andy here on the barn I have four good 16" spokes for it.
Ralph, et all. The pix I posted earlier of the 35 mount that was on my '36 coupe for over ten years has the number 48-1434 A O cast into it, therefore it started out as a mount for a '35 sedan with a off-set that varies from 5-1/8" at the top and 5-1/5" at the bottom.
It is very obvious that the mount has been modified, lord knows by whom? I know it was not me. What the piece was tack welded to the lower portion for, is any body's guess, the piece it not well finished. It could simply have been tacked there to minimize distortion during the welding process. I do feel that the quality of the welding on the rest of the mount indicates that the welding was done by a pro with an arc welder.
The mount was cut down so as to have an off-set of 3.5", that being the off-set for a 1433-B, all coupe/conv bodies #710, 720, 760 and 720.
To try and finalize Ralph's question, he needs a cast iron mount that has 1434 B cast into it and most importantly has an off-set of 3.5" and has a bolt pattern of 5 on 5.5".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35-Ford spr mnt.2.jpg (54.5 KB, 12 views)