View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:51 AM   #10
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Default Re: How to decide when to throw in the towel?

To be blunt, and no offense intended, your story and this phrase
"it essentially takes up the space that I could have a table saw"
suggests that you have not much mechanical aptitude or experience.
Woodworking is a far cry from car restoration. I also wonder if the car ran before you began to take it apart.
I also have to wonder if there is not an element of depression in this story.
In any event, despite the desireability of roadsters, you may be better off to sell the car. Very very hopefully to a restorer and not a hot-rodder who will destroy a car no longer made, and in fact not made in the last 85 yrs.
Later if your tastes change, get back into cars, and only after having carefully evaluated exactly what your taste in cars is. And consider getting one that is road-ready.
The large majority of us with antique cars enjoy the restoration aspect, working on them, tinkering with them, as well as driving them and owning a piece of automotive history. That doesn't seem to fit your story.

There is a family around the corner from me. They fancy themselves 'restorers' In their backyard there is a succession of vehicles they have worked on; 6 of them to be exact. Each one has been carefully taken apart. None of them have ever been put back together. Ever. In 20 yrs. And they never will. They lack the skills required. But they keep buying more cars 'to work on'. Taking something apart is easy. Not so putting it back together.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.