View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: 29 Roadster For Sale

Well, someone's gotta' say it: Yet another innocent '28-29 roadster turned into someone's idea of a 1930-31 Deluxe Roadster, with the regrettable addition of virtually every chrome goodie possible slapped on it. If someone wants a '30-31 Deluxe Roadster, then for Heaven's sake BUY a '30-31 Deluxe Roadster instead of trying to turn a pumpkin into a prince's carriage for Cinderella. '28-29 roadsters left in their natural state have their own charm for us guys who also appreciate the more antiquated look of the '28-29 Model A's. No matter how many chrome trinkets or whitewall tires are thrown on a '28-29 roadster, it will NEVER approach a '30-31 Deluxe Roadster in appearance. Someone once posted years ago on this very subject that putting lipstick on a pig does not make her a homecoming queen. Hmmm...somehow that didn't come out right this time.
I know, I know... I can't change the world, especially the Model A world. 'Sorry for the tirade, but this hits my hot button. For you guardians of personal liberty in the crowd, yes - it's the owner's car and he can do what he wants with it. BUT - he's only a temporary custodian. We all are. The person who did this to a poor little '28-29 roadster will be an owner only for a short while in the overall scheme of things before it comes into someone else's possession, as all our cars will do someday. Maybe most of the "deluxed" features on this car can be removed to de-clutter its basic simplistic beauty, except the cowl lights, whose drilled holes in the lower cowl will be a difficult and expensive repair.
I fear that someday unadorned '28-29 Model A's will be scarce as hen's teeth (to coin a phrase) because the majority of them will have been "deluxed" by misguided owners.
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote