Thread: Henry's Boat
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #19
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Henry's Boat

Neat post, very attractive boat. Beautiful woodwork.

I believe Henry Ford was overall, a great contributor to America and an overall great man, BUT, however, WHY in the world he 1.)got involved in politics (Ryan would have banned him) 2.) developed that dumb Dearborn Independent newspaper attacking Jews and 3.) let himself be influenced by Harry Bennett is all totally beyond me. If he had kept to the business of making automobiles everyone would have benefited. Look at the times he took Ford to the brink of destruction only to have Edsel Ford and later Henry Ford II pull it out of the depths and keep it going. Charlie Sorensen, Bob Gregorie, Peter Martin, and other great automotive talents contributed immensely too, to Ford.

I always understood it to be, that the Model A was Edsel's baby and it was the right car at the right time. I think Henry tolerated the A until they could roll out the Flathead V-8. That plus since he didn't endorse the Model A like Edsel did, he would have been against it in his heart as narcisstic as he was. He loved to belittle Edsel to 'make him (Edsel)tough' and all it did was kill the man at an early age due to stomach cancer from excessive worry. Edsel was loved by everyone he was a first rate guy.

I believe I read once where a Jewish doctor was the one responsible for Clara's hysterectomy, and Henry resented the fact they could not have any more children and all the side effects of such an operation? May be the reason he was so anti-Jewish?? I could be all wet correct me if I'm wrong.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote