View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 07:52 AM   #16
77Birdman

Default Re: help with Model A market values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Here in Virginia because they are both 28s 4,000 for the coupe,3,500 for the roadster. That's where I would have to be with the intention of putting them on the road. I would then have the value above the rat rodders price range when drivable. The cars would be safe then.
I saw a nice 29 Roadster go to a contractor for $4,500 last year. He made a offer to a family member when he was looking at a job. The car is blown apart sitting outside rusting now.
Wick
An outsiders opinion from someone that doesnt own a Model A. I have been looking at 'A's for quite a few years now. Someday I will own one (came very close about a month ago!!). I think Wick's asessment is fair as a buy in price. A seller may want to get more, and may very well get more. But IF I had the money in my hand at this moment I wouldnt offer more than 7k for the both of them. The coupe needs A LOT of work, the roadster well, from a newbie who doesnt know what all it needs can be a bottomless pit. Now, I have seen a trend that it seems the prices of these cars seems to be on the rise again (they kind of ebb and flow) and a nicely restored coupe can be had for I would surmise in the 15k-20k range. So before I would spend 7k+ for a project that needs another 10k-15k put into it, I would look for a nice car that I can drive much sooner than the 5 year wait on a restoration.
Good Luck with them.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote