View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #25
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Installing a 32' Roadster Body

RE: 32-34 front spindles: I would definitely run these - they are just "right" on a car like this (they look right, they fit right, they're designed for the 32 drag link, etc).

BUT - as you have a fairly large drop in your front axle, you will probably NOT be able to just put them on the car. The reason is that the stock tie-rod will most likely hit your stock-styled wish bone arms. This requires that the stock steering arms be heated and correctly bent. Now, it is not that hard to do - if you know WHAT to do and have the proper tools, jigs to do it (starting with an acetylene torch with a big rosebud tip). In addition - the geometry needs to be correct (on the arms) - so everything fits as it should . . . using a stock 32 drag link and tie rod (which look the best). Depending on your front axle width - you'll probably need to shorten your stock tie-rod by about 1 1/4" and re-thread it - or you'll not be able to correctly set the toe-in.

Also, the king pins need to be precisely fitted to the spindles - and you'll need new spindle bushings. I prefer to have my bushings HONED to fit . . . with a very tight fitment.

I would contact Okie Joe Casto - he can do the work on your spindles (he also will magnaflux the results - which is very important to me!). He also correctly fits the king pins - which is very important. I'd suggest you drop him an email and get your spindles setup correctly . . . this is not an area to experiment on.

[email protected]

Good luck!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote