Thread: 35 phaeton top
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #13
VeryTangled

Default Re: 35 phaeton top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv W View Post
Hi, I would also appreciate a copy of LBB fitting instructions too... Viv
I have no LBB fitting instructions. But I do have experience with the top of one particular 36 Phaeton.

A '35-36 Phaeton includes five pieces for each side of the car, ten mirrored pieces. There are also eight rods that fit into the doors.

After fitting the eight metal rods (good luck their curve and shape is important as well as their fit into the door hole/socket), the easiest four canvas/clear pieces to figure out are the door 'windows.' If there's a hole/pass-through in one, it's for hand signaling so that's the drivers front and you can move on from there!

Each side of the car now has a long 'cigar' (8ft x 6in) that fits above the door 'windows.' Front/back orientation may be challenging or not obvious, but at the front I think they attach to the header bow. They have metal hangers that fit around the top irons. I surmise they tuck under the top but outside of the door windows, think rain sheeting down. Unfortunately opening a door requires tucking the 'door window' back under the long 'cigar' to get back to shedding the rain. Not sure I'm on track here.

The front 'spat' that fits over the windshield post should have a hole that the windshield pivot 'wingnut' passes through. With mine I also have to undo and raise the top windshield bow a bit to get it snapped and tucked in.

The rear-most piece I hope is covered above.

I give all that about an 80% chance of being accurate.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote