View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
David J

Default Re: 1935 Ford spare tire cover info needed

Yes on the 5 1/2" 33-34 band width . And yes they fit well . The skinny 33 one actually fits the worst . It doesn't come down the side of the cover as far . After being a boof on this I actually went wandering with a tape and the only skinny one here is the 33 I checked a while back . The spec posted by Don Rogers seems much more believable now . These things are all over the board . Range seems to be 5 5/16" to 5 13/16" and inconsistent at that . One of the 5 13/16" wide ones is 33 style , dark blue and is a dead on match for a Ford band . I always thought it was off brand due to it's width . Not so sure anymore on thatttun . Anyone have a gennie 36 to check ? If yes and if possible check several spots as these aren't very consistent . Even if in excellent condition . And sorry to the OP as you asked about 35"s . Pretty sure we narrowed it some though . David J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Junk View Post
That has always been my experience also on the beads. I have never had a wide bead ring that is narrower than 5 1/2" and the two 5 1/2" ones I have, are what I put on/with my 34 cars. The 5 1/2 ones fit nice on a 5:25/5:50X17 even tho they may be incorrect for a 34 Ford. Definitely 5 3/4 for 35 and 36.
David J is offline   Reply With Quote