View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #31
Synchro909

Default Re: What roadside repairs have you made to keep your A going

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4port View Post
Here are a few...

Have you ever changed a condenser on the side of a major highway with a blistering hot engine with semi’s blowing by? How about dropping that inner condenser screw in the grass? Guess you don’t get out much. I always carry a spare distributor. Now I carry a condenser with alligator clips on each end!
If the condensor dies, one can easily be installed at the coil. Connect between the terminal with the wire going to the distributor and earth.

Then there was another member that stepped out of his car on the side of the road with his 4 speed overdrive transmission shift lever in his hand. Weld broke at top of housing. Vise Grips wouldn’t grab it, too short. I pulled out my National roster, first call was guy in an adjacent town that just happened to have the same transmission. He pulled his shifter housing from his car and brought it to us and installed it. What are the odds?

Back in 1996, we were on a rally in NZ. There was a guy, his wife and their cat in a Model T of about 1915 as I recall. One day, on a drive, a wheel collapsed in the middel of mow where. He recalled driving past a farm gate not far back so he legged it to the gate, up the drive and knocked. After expleining the situation to the farmer, the farmer asked him to follow him. He wenrt to the woolshed where in a corner, there was an old trailer made with T wheels. "So", said the farmer, "you want a wheel like that!". HIs wife couldn't believe it when hubby returned witha wheel under his arm.
What are the odds?

Last edited by Synchro909; 07-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote