View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Water in your Gas ? - Solutions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26Pinelake View Post
I use a product called SeaFoam. I previously used Staybil. I could not be happier with the SeaFoam. It is somewhat expensive but worth the extra money. Wayne
I too was seeing water in my sediment bowl. I'm not usually an advocate of additives and such to oil and gas because I believe the engineers do a pretty good job with the original product. I'm retired from Chevron USA, El Segundo, CA and I think we made good products. And yes we had to meet a certain moisture level when blending gasoline.

BUT with todays gasoline and the mandated addition of alcohol in the gas (thank God we don't add Methyl tertra butyl ether, MTBE anymore) we buy The Refineries can't control the storage of their product once it is shipped.

The alcohol in the gas absorbs moisture (water) from the atmosphere and ends up in our gas tanks.

So I started using SeaFoam to suspend the moisture in the gas and allow it to be burned in the engine instead of dropping out rusting my gas tank and causing havoc in my engine.

I can't attest to SeaFoam's other claims but besides the weird name it seems to work for my purposes.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote