View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #68
hb32

Default Re: 1932 Ford Chassis without the Reveal.

Bringing up an old post.
I am in the process of purchasing a Model B pickup that does not have the reveal either. Frame looks like a 32 with riveted cross members and has a B motor in it. Bellhousing flange is stamped with a number that reflects a May 32 build date.
Here is where things get fuzzy. I am aware of the frame VIN stampings in 3 places and this one may have 4.
Vin on front by firewall foot is illedgible. There are stampings on the rear face of the rear cross member that are fairly readable but no star either side of the stamping and hard to tell if it starts with a "B" or "18". Same #`s on top of crossmember fairly crisp with some upside down #`s. The numbers do not correlate with 1932 but fall within the range of 1934.
Not in a position to pull the cab to look at the "B" post area but suspect that the #`s will be the same.
The vehicle was titled using partial numbers off the side of the block which I have had no luck identifying by research.
I am aware of replacement frames but one with out a reveal and then stamped incorrectly?

Thoughts

Last edited by hb32; 08-25-2014 at 10:45 AM.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote