View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Cockshutt Kid

Default Spare tire covers

Good evening and happy Canada Day. Do any of you more knowledgeable and experienced guys happen to know what is correct and original on a 31 Model A for a tire cover. I have a 31 Tudor with single left side spare and an original luggage rack. Apparently it had a stainless tire cover but the previous owner thought that it was ugly because of the cracked spare tire and gave it away and replaced it with a cheap vinyl one that I think is truely ugly. All of the more knowledgeable A guys here claim that it could not have come from ford that way and quote things like the depression and Ford being a cheap car etc. to back up their arguement. Please, what could have come from Ford, what would be dealer installed, and what would be a time period correct aftermarket accessory. I am leaning towards a stainless cover with a black side panel to match the black car paint but would also like it to be as correct as possible. I have looked at as much literature as possible, but I have had no luck. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim.
Cockshutt Kid is offline   Reply With Quote