View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #79
VeryTangled

Default Re: 2014 Gettysburg Meet Photo Thread

Oops, I see I posted that last one twice. I said earlier I can't walk past that car without stopping. The Meteor has a color-change paint job and trick tail lights that blend I think a '59 Caddie onto the Meteor orignals, neat! Green to Choclate-ish, but in a good way. First thing I asked him when he walked back to the car was about the lights, just way cool.

Tuesday's tour was to a collection of a local club member for donuts and juice and coffee and, well, goodies, then to the Bad Donkey shop, then UTZ chip factory & factory store, <insert lunch> a Mustang/Cobra/Shelby shop, then a sulky horse breeding farm that was 2000 acres and had some stud fees 20G's (reserving comment). Lunch was at an honest to goodness DRIVE INN, where gaggle of ninteen-year-old waitresses wholesomely dressed, with old-school change makers, get your order at the car window, and bring it back! Our group elected to use the shaded picnic tables, maybe it was cooler than sitting in the car, maybe it had a better view of the action... Just sayin' Sorry boys but it just wouldn't have been appropriate to take photos.

A shot of my Mom Helen helping to clean the windows before we set out. She drove the Phaeton for about ten miles the other day when I was getting her primed for the meet and I was out cruising in the Ford. She's got about fifteen thousand miles behind the wheel a '31 A Roadster that my Dad had to have, but as it was our second car, she had to use it as HER grocery getter with bro and me in the rumble!

Concours day was, well, a miracle. There was literally a 69% chance of rain at 9 am according to weather.gov. We didn't see a drop until after sunset.

Did I say it rained 36 3w's. Two of them, one rumble, one trunk, were assigned to my team. The only thing our chassis team found was non-painted V8 on the hub-caps of one of them, and that may be a debatable 1 point deduction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0029.jpg (61.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0030.jpg (79.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0031.jpg (79.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0034.jpg (67.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0035.jpg (97.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0036.jpg (106.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0037.jpg (30.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0054.jpg (90.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0050.jpg (73.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0052.jpg (82.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0053.jpg (65.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0042.jpg (66.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0090.jpg (72.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0086.jpg (65.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0083.jpg (71.2 KB, 9 views)

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?