View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: 8BA Gen. belt replacement

I don't know the length of the belt, but I am sure someone on here does. As you know, the center bolt allows vertical adjustment of the generator which in turn tightens the belt around the water pumps and crank pulley. The BIG center bolt adjusts the fan carrier pulley to crank pulley belt. Whether or not you need to loosen all three belts depends on how much adjustment "play" you have left on the fan carrier bracket and the generator. Here's how I do it. Loosen all three bolts. Then adjust the generator upward to tighten the belt that goes around the generator pulley, the water pump pulleys and the crank pulley. Then tighten that center bolt. 1 In. play is fine. Then adjust the fan carrier pulley bracket upward until the crank pulley to fan carrier pulley belt is tight. The photo shows my belt system. I modified my crank pulley location from the original location on the fann carrier bracket, but the adjustment procedure is still the same. The engine is an 8BA with truck pumps. When you do this, be sure and locate the square shaped washer properly between the slotted legs of the fan carrier bracket - otherwise it won't sit flat. Click on photo to enlarge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of DSC02106 (Small).JPG (53.1 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by 19Fordy; 09-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)