View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #125
triple mike

Default Re: Model A motor froze-up

I’m new in this forum. I’m working on my first model A 1928 roadster pick up. But this is not my first stuck engine. My advice is keep going with soaking with ATF and acetone. By all means take the head off because even if you loosen up the pistons the valve train can be locked up tight as mind is. As I can see the lifters are rusted as well as the valves on their seats. To help loosen the valves, I have been spraying the sauce on top of the valve face and lightly tapping them with a brass rod (shock and awe) and hammer, I have gotten three loose this way. The lifters you will have to just keep spraying them, I do mind every couple of hours. I also found that my distributer is locked up and by all this rocking you could break the distributer drive, plus the distributer drive was locked up on my engine, “take the head off”
. As everyone in this thread has said take your time, it took me over three weeks of heating and soaking to get one cylinder off a 1970 Kawasaki H1. I’ve read a few times about putting a wood dowel in the spark plug hole and tapping with a hammer, not sure about other old ford engines, but this one the spark plug is on top of the valves, so not sure how you are going to reach the piston. Good luck!
triple mike is offline   Reply With Quote