View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #63
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: As a long time HAMBer, I find this new FordBarn.....

I see Fordbarn as being all about flatheads and/or Fords - whatever condition, type of build, or type vehicle they may be in. If there's a flattie and/or a Ford (within the years specified - Model T, A, Early and late) then Fordbarn is what it's all about. If Fordbarn is all about stock flatheads in stock vehicles we'd be a non-paying Early Ford V8 site - I know that Fordbarn is NOT what that is about.

The HAMB, to me, is about ALL modified, stock, custom makes, models and engines - it's everything with some of THE most creative and talented car people on the planet. I'm not just talking about the shops that are on there, I'm talking about guys working out of their garages, turning out phenomenal cars on shoe-string budgets. Regardless of what you think about some of the very few on there in so far as their their manner, their language, and/or their behavior, you owe it to yourself to check out some of the build threads - just lurk and see for yourself the unbelievable talent. What these guys, and gals as well, build starting out with so little or nearly nothing is just unreal. AND, many, many of their builds are with flatheads, top loader 3-speeds and banjo rears. Many, many of them are grey beards just like the rest of us as well!

Keep an open mind about things folks and enjoy the ride wherever it might take you.
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote