View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #97
TonyM

Default Re: 1937 Ford Fordor Survivor

Thanks Felix.

I was investigating a clutch chatter problem and discovered that the left hand side "Engine Radius Rod" , also known as an anti-chatter rod, was not even connected to the frame. The special bolt with square hole was found resting in the frame hole. One good bump and it would have been lost forever. I removed the chatter rod and discovered that it was bent. I researched the piece and found that it should be straight. I bent the chatter rod back to straight and it fit perfect.

It took a long time to thread the special recessed threaded bolt with flat head/square hole through the frame and the chatter rod because of limited space for tool or hands/fingers. I made a special lug to help out. Took 3.5 hours to thread that bolt through the frame and piece; boy was it a tight squeeze--about 1.5 inches between frame and floor. Plus stop light switch and other stuff in the way. Had to thread over half way with greasy fingers before I could get a tool on it. Then I kept knocking the lug off. After two thirds of threads, I got the tool on it sure and it tightened down real nice.

Changed the trans oil and checked engine mounts for tightness. All good. Weather might not cooperate for the test drive. Hope the Clutch Chatter is gone. New tires from Coker arrived yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7274.jpg (48.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7264.jpg (38.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7275.jpg (50.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7265.jpg (40.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7266.jpg (40.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7268.jpg (51.7 KB, 22 views)
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote