View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #29
345 DeSoto

Default Re: What is the HAMB site

Just to throw some more gasoline on the bonfire, I don't believe there IS such a thing as a "Traditional" Hot Rod. However, I believe people are confusing "traditional" with "period correct". I've been at this hot rod thing for over 50 years, my very first car being a 32 Ford roadster that I bought for $15 and "hacked" a DeSoto engine/3speed into. All through the decades, if someting "new and improved" appeared, it would be tried in a hot rod. After all, that's how hot rods became what they were. Alternators, OHV engines, automatic transmissions, Radial tires, Vega steering, etc, etc. To me, a "traditional" hot rod is always being modified to operate better...a "period correct" hot rod is one that is frozen in a particular time. Getting wrapped around the axle about what's "traditional" and what isn't is a waste of band width. Take both Sites with a grain of salt, and enjoy them for what the both are. BOTH are wealth of knowledge...