View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
P.S.

Default Re: Anyone ran one of the "new" Sacramento Vintage Ford carburetors?

Thank you Tom.

I previously read your article, it is very well done. It also made it clear that this is something I shouldn't tackle myself. I do not possess the mechanical aptitude for such things. Though, for most of the car's refurbishing, I have learned many new mechanical skills. Luckily, the thing our car needed most when we bought it was electrical, and that is my area of expertise. The electrical systems are absolutely perfect now, and done with the highest regard and scrutiny.

It's very simple- I just want a carb that works right and has some warranty so that if it doesn't, the seller is close enough to visit in person and make it right. Two carbs purchased from "experts", including one highly regarded as 'the' expert here on Fordbarn were highly disappointing. I have discovered that people here on Fordbarn are generally nice, and most have very good information, but buying from someone here on Fordbarn is a big mistake. Even some "experts" here will sell you something that doesn't work and then expect you to know how to fix it yourself.

The problem isn't the car. A borrowed carb runs absolutely perfect. However, the owner of the carb will not sell it, I need to find my own. And I have reached the end of my patience with "experts" to rebuild them for hire. I cannot put into words how frustrated I am with this. I wish to purchase a new carb that works right and be done with it. Therefore, wondering if anyone has bought the new Zenith from Sac Vintage, and how it worked for them. Good or bad, input is appreciated.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote