View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Fordors

Default Re: 1932 Ford Chassis without the Reveal.

A firm by the name of John Thompsons reproed '32 frames for the Allard Motor Car Co. when their supply of Deuce frames dried up in England. Similar, but not matching, they had no reveal, the crossmembers were different, the rear kick-up was higher, and the very front of the frame horns was square cut, not radiused like the '32. The front 'member was flanged both front and rear, kind of like a rear crossmember, the center was different and may not (don't know for sure) have had the K struts like original, and the rear had a deeper drop to it.
When I first saw Luckys frame I thought of the Allard but the frame horns on his frame have the radius. Next the Mike Martens frame came to mind, but his were done about forty years ago and I cannot recall if he put in the reveal or not. In any event it's not a Martens, as his were fabricated from three pieces and not stamped. Martens was in Mendota,IL and his stuff predated Just A Hobby which was started by Dave Gale. I think Martens got out when the Deuce Factory stampings came out, but while he was in business he did some Model 40 frames too.
Luckys photo seems to show rails that are not fabricated but stamped, other than that I don't know what they are. The mystery continues.
Fordors is offline   Reply With Quote