View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #113
dave in australia

Default Re: How come "Car Collectors" don't like Model A's?

I'm a member of three different clubs. One specifically A, another for anything over 25 yrs and the other a local car museum car club. I have come across snobery from non A owners, as well as A owners. I don't think it is what car they own, just their own personality. In one club, we have one person who owns some very rare and exotic vintage cars, Bugatti etc, and he does not have a snob bone in his body, and likes to talk to and meet anybody and everybody. Then in the same club, we have a person who likes to run down any A or T, and all he owns are vintage Dodges. I still treat him the same as any one else, because I don't like the snob thing, and will talk to him about his cars and ignore his snide anti A comments.
I've also found no Anti restored car snobery with rodders down under either, and talking to them expands my friendship basis and then I can learn about different things from them to aid in any car work I do.
How does this answer the original question, well it doesn't, but life is too short to care about such things.
dave in australia is offline   Reply With Quote