View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #28
raceron1120

Default Re: How come "Car Collectors" don't like Model A's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26Pinelake View Post
They are very common, very reasonably priced, many people own more than one and they are not a status symbol. They are cute liitle cars with possibly a million or so still in existance ! Even though I own many antique cars and 6 Model A's I still realize people don't respect them. I heard a comment at a car show to the affect that anyone can afford a Model A!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulShinn View Post
Excellent! A real answer. That's all I asked for. Thank you! I'll forward the info to her, this should make sense.
Boy that is a GREAT answer! I don't own one but would someday love to get a Model A - any body style, and as original as possible. Right now it's just another item on my 'bucket list' but I'm hoping.
Re: that they are "...very common, very reasonably priced, many people own more than one..." could just as easily apply to some who have stuck an SBC in their non-Chevies. I don't usually harp on others' cars except in fun, I realize they pay for 'em etc., but I get SO tired of hearing 'excuses' for putting those bellybutton engines in non-GM cars. Perhaps some of the 'snobs' sadly do consider those 'cheap, everybody does it, easier to get parts for, yadda yadda engines' to be a status symbol. Okay for status! I'd take an A or any other Ford with some of Henry's iron pulling it around any day, and never EVER put one of those bellybuttons (or the other anatomical orifice I like to call 'em sometimes ) in my Fords. 2 cents worth, with maybe some change please?
raceron1120 is offline   Reply With Quote