View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Daddy's Girl

Default Should I Part Them Out?

Hello, I'm new here and hoping to get some advice. My father recently passed away and he was an avid Model A fan. I've inherited a 1931 Model A (soft top with a rumble seat), a 1928 Sedan, two rolling frames with engines, and a garage full of Model A parts that he planned to use to finish restorations on the two frames. The 31 is in good condition and runs. My father always described the 28 as "75% complete". I wish I could keep 31 and the 28, but the debts of his estate (I'm his executor) make that impossible.

My question is this, do you think the 31 and the 28 are worth more money sold as is, or would they bring more money if they were parted out? The reason I ask is that my husband actually makes his living by running an eBay business where he parts out vintage motorcycles and even though he isn't a Model A guy, it probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to part these out as well. He is guessing that if we part out the 31 and the 28 that it would probably bring in twice as much money as if we sold them out right. Does that seem reasonable? I really hate to see them come to that, but my father's financial affairs were really a mess and every penny is going to count.

thank you for any advice or opinions you might have to offer me!

Daddy's Girl
Daddy's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote