View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
RockHillWill

Default Re: Source of Nickel Plated Screws

Hunter, while polishing stainless is one possibility, be sure to review the edges as some of the newer screws have 'stamping flash' around the perimeter and do not have the radiused bottom to the screwdriver slot. Additionnaly, most store bought screws that I have been able to locate have a small flat area at the very center that has to be dealt with as well, and stainless in particular is hard to polish this out.

Small hardware is very hard to find in good enough condition to use for your intentions, and I am very dissapointed that my plater charges me upwards of $3 per screw ('labor intensive', he states).

This Panel Truck is testing my nerves accumulating original screw hardware that is suitable for nickel plating, and then having to pay for the plating in addition.

I have had some luck buying brass screws. This modification work is much easier to do, and most of the brass items do not have the center flat spot.
This is much closer to original as well, but you are still left with the plating issue.

Not sure this helps much. I am still looking for your other items.